We are committed to ensuring your health and safety and have set out strict requirements for all customers, guides and the businesses we work with on our tours.
Until August 31, 2020, we have enhanced our cancellation and refund terms, so you may cancel up to 2 hours before the tour start time if you are not feeling well, and receive a full refund or travel credit.These guidelines include:
• limiting our group sizes to reflect local government recommendations for gatherings, which in Portugal is 10 people max, including the guide.
• maintaining a 1.5-metre distance between all tour participants whenever practical, including the guide;
• ensuring all vendors we visit (restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.) are appropriately sanitized and have implemented protocols for physical distancing;
• re-training all guides in health and safety and incident management;
• requiring any guide showing symptoms to be removed from the tour schedule for a minimum of 14 days.
• Where using public transport is unavoidable, local guidelines regarding distancing and PPE will be followed, and hand sanitizer will be used before entry and after exit.
In addition to these mandatory requirements, we also have recommended guidelines for both our guides and you, to ensure everyone’s safety:
PPE (masks and face coverings)
For the safety of you and other guests, we strongly recommend you bring a mask with you to the tour. Your guide will inform you of the latest government recommendations, and whether a mask is required. Note that some vendors we visit may have their own mask requirements, even if not government-mandated. If you do not have a mask, onee will be provided to you by our guide.
Our itineraries and routes may be modified to avoid crowds. We may need to re-route your itinerary at the last minute if there is unexpected crowding at one of the stops.
Customer Symptoms and Safe Behaviour
If you are showing flu-like symptoms, please be considerate of others and do not join the tour. You may cancel up to 2 hours before the tour start time if you are not feeling well, and receive a full refund.